History

Slamby is an old farm name that is known in the literature since 16th century.

The house where we, the hosts are living was built in 1743.

The red house that we lease out was built 1923.
To the red house there is one veranda attached, the current dining room. This veranda was moved 1952 from the lake, where it was used as a summerhouse, to its current position.

Between the both houses there is a road that today is our private road to the sea. This road was previously Landvetters communication with Gothenburg. It has not been used since 1825, when a new road was built along the lake.

On the ground, an archaeological well-known settlement from the Stone Age was found, the only known in Landvetter. Unfortunately, no trace of it exists today.